- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Expertise in a modern programming language such as Java (preferred), Objective C or C++
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
Are you passionate about Consumer electronics? Do you want to develop the next generation of consumer products? If so, join us on the Appstore Team in Chennai. We’re a new group starting in Chennai that are empowered and driven to build world class experiences for end users. As a part of the Amazon.com group of companies, we benefit from the resources of a stable, forward-thinking Fortune 100 company coupled with the agility and independence of a start-up.
We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer to help us execute on our vision. This person will help drive the technical deliverables to create world class user experiences.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to lead the development of scalable software solutions and services for handling the consumer experience. Ideal candidate should have proven expertise in designing scalable and low-latency systems, working across technologies, and mentoring junior engineers.
A day in the life
Joining our team will give you endless opportunities to use your passion, ingenuity, experience, and pragmatism to build a world-class Appstore experience for Amazon FireTV devices. To be successful you'll need to have lots of experience with Java, customer focus, experience of SOA, experience working with databases, experience handling scale, and excellent communication skills. You need a strong grasp of architecture and advanced engineering principles and design patterns. You must be a fast, efficient coder and make coding and design decision with multiple simultaneous dimensions in mind. You will be part of technical leadership team of Amazon Appstore development center in Chennai, India and will have the chance to lead the product architecture and team-building effort.
About the team
The team is responsible for building Consumer experiences for the Appstore in Amazon FireTV devices. The team uses architectural and design principles to develop software platforms that handle the scale and latency constraints. It has also developed excellent expertise in Android internals and is building innovative mobile experience, automation technologies, which help providing superb consumer experience.
- Strong analytical thinker who knows how to pick the right tool for the right job
- Experience taking a lead role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
- Proven track record of building highly trafficked mobile experiences e.g. Android applications, iOS applications, etc.