At Toll, we do more than just logistics - we move the businesses that move the world. Our 20,000 team members can help solve any logistics, transport, or supply chain challenge – big or small. We have been supporting our customers for more than 130 years. Today, we support more than 20,000 customers worldwide with 500 sites in 25 countries, and a forwarding network spanning 150 countries. We are proudly part of Japan Post — www.tollgroup.com
At Toll Technology Centre, Pune (India) we are looking for a dynamic Global IT Design Lead, responsible for the creation and establishment of the technical capability of a global Digital design team.
As a Global IT Design Lead, you will be:
- Providing creative direction and assignments to the Design team and ensures that the department is properly resourced, motivated and coordinated to perform duties effectively to achieve goals and maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Collaborates with process analysts, SME's and IT counterparts translating current state challenges into future state solutions and detail out the corresponding specifications and requirements. During the diagnose and design stage, your focus is to enable the most optimal solution to improve performance. During implementation, you shift more towards the role of the problem-solver who ensures timely and high-quality delivery from all involved parties.
- Creation of a Digital design team focussed on designing new and improving existing digital assets in Toll, identify opportunities and pilot modern solutions to use information to improve the performance of the business. Co-design and validate future state processes that are compatible with future state digital solution. Ensure that design solutions are delivered according to quality, time and budget expectations
- Provide expertise in defining the best solution options for any given opportunity. Support business case development by helping to size the opportunity implementation effort and cost. Develop solution design specifications for digital solutions
- Troubleshoot and manage problem solving during the solution build and test phases. Team leadership and management support of digital configurators including external vendor resources. Build thought leadership and expertise around best-practice digital solution design and implementation
- Stays current with developments in digital technologies and techniques as well as applications related to digital design, illustration and layout in various media. Sets the standards of Digital build processes which have a major impact on operational excellence, and must comply with Toll risk and security protocols.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- At least 10 years of relevant global experience including at least 6-8 years’ experience in solution design for digital solutions in a complex IT environment and/or business facing IT role.
- Experience in large global organisations using in-sourced and out-sourced IT service providers with excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Experience in building a team from ground up including processes, capabilities and policies
- Experience in online, mobile and eCommerce technology
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 20,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
You must be entitled to work in India and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical.