Digital-Cloud Acceleration-Systems Engineer [Voice] Location: Hyderabad
Department: Systems Infrastructure FACTSET BRIEF
FactSet combines hundreds of databases into a single, powerful information system. It is a one-stop source for financial information and analytics for business analysts, portfolio managers, investment bankers / management firms and other financial professionals to analyze companies, portfolios, markets & economies.
FactSet was formed in 1978 and operates out of 35 locations worldwide. FactSet, with over $1 Billion in annual revenues, is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and employs nearly 6500 people worldwide. Our operations extend within North America as well as Europe and the Pacific Rim. Since 1996, the Company has been publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDS.
A voice engineer at FactSet is responsible for engineering, maintaining and monitoring our VoIP systems, video conferencing infrastructure. Engineers also have the opportunity to leverage software development skills to make the team more efficient, identify cost-saving opportunities, and improve the workflows of our internal stakeholders.
To find out more about the opportunities FactSet has to offer you, please visit us at http://www.factset.com/careers .
- Maintain and support Cisco G ateways, IP phones other voice infrastructure hosted on MS Teams Direct Routing.
- Ability to automate new workflows and modify existing workflows using Poweshell/Python.
- Monitor voice and video infrastructure for failure and/or degradation of service
- Strong Knowledge of general networking technologies (TCP/IP networking, LAN, WAN, WDNS/DHCP, Proxy)
- Good Understanding on Cloud infrastructure running on AWS/Azure.
- Work with colleagues and carriers in a variety of cultures/countries to understand and resolve problems
- Deliver consistent & excellent goal orientated results. First time, on time and every time
- Act as a strong consultative resource for FactSet’s clients, Service Providers and internal leaders
- Participate in 24/7 “on call” rotation to support our operations
- Research and test compatibility between products for deployment
- Build solid & long-lived interpersonal relationships with FactSet’s clients and internal stakeholders
- Use all available tools to ensure that optimal solutions are not only deployed, but are also capable of being maintained by FactSet’s Operational Support group on an ongoing basis
- Act as a high value technical resource for all interfaces in a professional, clear and concise manner; thereby providing ‘best of breed’ service in terms that are easily understood by business orientated decision makers
- Willing to work in 16X5 Shift rotation
- Participate in Shift rotation for weekend coverage.
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- A strong technical knowledge of servers and network communications
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to learn
- Available to perform changes during scheduled maintenance windows
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate
- Relevant experience of 3 – 6 years in any enterprise network deploying, maintaining, and configuring VOIP Networks
- Strong record of troubleshooting and problem solving in a technical environment
- Business analytics skills, encompassing modeling and trending of data
- Solid and intuitive understanding of Voice, WAN, & LAN technologies and how each device, protocol, or system interacts as part of the network as a whole
- Cloud Certification: any foundational certification from AWS/Azure/GCP
- Expertise in any of PowerShell / Bash / Pearl / Python programming / scripting is much appreciated
- Experience working with Cloud Technologies like AWS/Azure/O365
- Experience working with stakeholders in multiple locations, potentially across time zones
- Experience designing and implementing solutions leveraging database systems such as MSSQL or MySQL