Job #: req14570
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Information Technology
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 1/30/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank consists of two entities – the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA). It is a global development cooperative owned by 189 member countries. As the largest development bank in the world, the World Bank provides loans, guarantees, risk management products, and advisory services to middle-income and creditworthy low-income countries, and coordinates responses to regional and global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org.
ITS Vice Presidency Context:
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in a sustainable way by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 150 locations.
Our vision is to transform how the Bank Group accomplishes its mission through information and technology. In this fast-paced, ever-changing world, the formulation and implementation of the ITS strategy is an ongoing, iterative process of learning and adaptation developed through extensive consultations with business partners throughout the World Bank Group.
ITS shapes its strategy in response to changing business priorities and leverages new technologies to achieve three high-level business outcomes: business enablement, by providing Bank Group units with innovative digital tools and technologies to transform how they deliver value for their clients; empowerment & effectiveness, by ensuring that all Bank Group staff are connected, able to find information, and productive to accelerate the delivery of development solutions globally; and resilience, by equipping the Bank Group to provide risk-based cybersecurity and robust data protection for a global network and a growing cloud platform.
Implementation of the strategy is guided by three core principles. The first is to deliver solutions for business partners that are customer-centric, innovative, and transformative. The second is to provide the Bank Group with value for money with selective and standard technologies. The third principle is to excel at the basics by providing a high performing, robust, and resilient IT environment for the organization.
WBG Personnel Systems Unit Context
ITSPS, a unit within the Finance Line of Business, is responsible for Personnel Systems supporting over 16,000 staff of the World Bank Group. The unit supports the employee life cycle including Recruitment, Personnel Administration, Benefits, Compensation, Performance Management, Tax, Staff Receivables, Payroll, and Pension. More than 150 self-service transactions are available to staff so that Personnel transactions are standardized and efficient. Services provided by this unit cover all aspects of the IT life cycle from business requirements to implementation, ongoing operations & maintenance. High availability and accuracy of these applications are critical to managing Human Resources and running a global payroll/pension systems.
ITSPS is seeking a motivated and ambitious IT Analyst with good experience in Human Capital Management solutions and IT project management. The resource will report to the supervisor of the Human Capital Management (HCM) team and work primarily in the areas of Personnel Administration, HR Self Service, Compensation, Base Benefits, Benefits Administration, Leave & Absence Management and Awards.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Deliver solutions in PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.2 modules including Core Functionality, Workforce Administration, Position Management, Compensation Management, Benefits Administration, Leave Administration, Self-Service and various custom bolt-on solutions to support custom WBG HCM processes.
- Design data structure in Oracle database and develop Oracle PL/SQL programs with XML/JSON interface.
- Work closely with clients in understanding their business needs.
- Participate in the feasibility analysis for new requirements and modifications to the existing systems.
- Analysis of business requirements with preparation of effort with feasibility & risk assessment.
- Analyze existing systems functionality and identify weaknesses and opportunities for improvement.
- Preparation of document of understanding and review with clients.
- Produce technical design documents and conduct reviews with peers.
- Maintain application architecture diagrams, interface technical documentation and other technical artifacts.
- Develop, code, configure and unit test solution components from clear specifications.
- Coordinate work program deliverables with external contractors ensuring timely delivery and quality of work.
- Actively participate in peer reviews, development of test plans, and post-implementation verification in adherence to quality standards and procedures.
- Effectively collaborate within ITS VPU and operate in full alignment to ITS procedures and guidelines.
- Operate in accordance with data privacy guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Assist PM in capturing, tracking, and reporting on operational metrics. Provide PM timely updates on work status and promptly report risks/issues.
- Contribute as a team member on larger initiatives.
- Provide production support for PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.2 which includes troubleshooting of reported issues, and then coding or writing/modifying rules, testing and implementing corrections to resolve issues, batch job monitoring, reporting etc.
- Participates, as appropriate, in user training of new or revised systems/applications.
- B.E./B.Tech/ Masters in Computer Science with minimum 5 years of experience.
- 2+ years of professional experience in Human Capital Management domain.
- Excellent understanding of PeopleSoft Human Capital Management products including Workforce Administration, Position Management, Compensation Management, Base Benefits, Benefits Administration and Self-Service modules.
- Participated as key contributor in at least one PeopleSoft Implementation for a large organization as a part of new Implementation or PeopleSoft Application Upgrade.
- In depth understanding of PeopleSoft HCM core tables and setups.
- Good experience working on the interface between PeopleSoft and other partner systems.
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills and Debugging skills for troubleshooting technical issues.
- Expertise as a PeopleSoft developer which includes developing, migrating, and testing PeopleSoft HRMS.
- Experience with Application Packages, PeopleCode, PeopleTools (releases 8.5x & above), Workflow, Application Engines, Component Interfaces Integration Broker.
- Good Understanding of PeopleSoft Mobile Application Platform and Fluid UI.
- Expertise in Oracle PL/SQL, XML, XSL, HTML, Integration Tools and Technologies.
- Extensive experience with Oracle PL/SQL and generating XML data using PL/SQL APIs.
- Experience in developing and debugging complex queries in Oracle with keeping performance in mind.
- Working knowledge on PSQueries, Trees, and XML Publisher.
- Good experience in writing SQR and Application Engine Programs and developing bolt-on solutions.
- Experience in retrofitting customized PeopleSoft Objects.
- Good knowledge of building web services in PeopleSoft to consume and disseminate data.
- PeopleTools certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with Angular framework is a plus.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies (Agile/Waterfall).
- Client Understanding and Advising - Looks at issues from the client’s perspective and acts beyond normal expectations to ensure client satisfaction.
- Learning Orientation - Stays abreast of new trends and developments in your own specialty area, the broader industry, and experiments with new approaches or emerging technological solutions to current business needs.
- Broad Business Thinking - Maintains an in-depth understanding of the long-term implications of decisions both for related areas within the VPU and the client’s business. Involves key players in identifying operating needs, issues and immediate solutions.
- Business Function Knowledge - Proposes technical plans that are aligned with business objectives and technical requirements.
- Business Process Knowledge – Assesses the needs of primary business functions and suggests technical solutions for business functions, implements action plan to improve and minimize day to day disruption of operations.
- Business Requirements Analysis - Reviews customer business requirements and determines where support is needed relative to existing technical systems design. Documents business processes using basic formal process charting techniques, identifies process bottlenecks and contributes suggestions to process improvement.
- Project Management (ITS) – Understand and monitor project plan including dependencies.
- Systems Thinking - Researches the critical and underlying relationships between primary business, technology, and systems platforms.
- Lead and innovate - Develops innovative solutions. Applies critical thinking to current approaches, identifies areas of improvement and tries new solutions that drive results.
- Deliver Results for Clients - Proactively addresses client’s stated and unstated needs.
- Collaborate within Teams and Across Boundaries - Collaborates across boundaries, gives own perspective and willingly receives diverse perspectives. Keeps others fully informed to ensure integration and work consistency. Seeks and listens to input from others and openly shares information.
- Create, Apply and Share Knowledge – Contributes to departments body of knowledge by applying lessons learnt, actively invests in own knowledge and seeks feedback, builds personal and professional networks within and beyond the work group.
- Make Smart Decisions - Interprets a wide range of information and makes decisions in timely manner within own area of responsibility, applies cost benefit analysis to meet work program objectives.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.