The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell’s business & assets around the world.
The vision of SEAM is to provide capability across the spectrum of Safety, Environment and Asset Management with:
- Shaping the future ways of working through introducing to the business new technology and news way of working, including e.g. digital, SBO, and real-time, data-driven, end-to-end optimization and risk management, but also global programme like Human Performance Based Safety Philosophy.
- Providing performance feedback driving disciplined execution to deliver reliable, predictable results
- Helping the businesses build their improvement plans and provide support to execute them
- Sustaining performance through strong core capabilities (internal, including SBO & contingent) through building expertise and a company-wide consistent approach
The Process Data Engineer will be part of the VP TAO organization
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell’s Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.
Purpose & Accountabilities
- Management of Maintenance Asset Hierarchy in ERP (Location/Equipment/Assembly)
- Configure Bills of Material/Quantity in ERP.
- Maintenance Procedure Library management.
- Maintenance Planning configuration and management in ERP.
- Maintenance Procedure configuration (Task Lists) in ERPs.
- Notification and Work orders management in ERP.
- Accountability and management of ERP bulk data management Tools.
- Engaging with Engineers, Maintenance Work planners, preparers, schedulers and Executioners
- Improve ERP data Quality based on the Feedback from above workflow.
- Extraction of maintenance data and subsequent analysis using MS office or other analytical Tools
- Support Data improvement projects which may include data cleanse, data mining, benchmarking, reporting projects and track evidence as per Site Reference Documents.
- Assist the Senior Process Data Engineer to develop, maintain and manage the Site Reference Document. Communicate with the site or locations, to know who their contacts in Finance Operations Data are. Confirm who are the site or location stakeholders and their responsivities. Understand their interoperability’s, ERPs (SAP/MAXIMO/PACER etc.) and processes migrated to the Shell Business Operations. Regularly report progress of work to site or location direct contacts as Requestors and Approvers.
- Assist the Senior Process Data Engineer in responding to inquiries related to the data and its functionality or use in a technical support function; including training site staff in ERPs or use of Request Tools, running pilot tests and demonstrations, increasing awareness of ERP functionality (e.g. using Measurement Points more effectively in SAP PM.) This Technical Support function includes supporting managers and other staff on migration efforts.
- Managing stakeholders/ representatives of various operating units through effective communication and identifying & resolving the bottlenecks for data analysis, maintaining issue logs and use the same in implementing changes/improvements in the process.
Other back up accountabilities, as follows:
- Recommend and run site or Facilities & Equipment improvement projects (CI) through awareness of Group Engineering Methods and processes.
- Understand how information and data is utilized within the site or location through awareness to extract and apply the methods of these tools to Data Quality (methods and processes are listed in the Skills Section).
- Engagement with the Site stakeholders such as Requestors and Approvers to communicate plans, obtain feedback, and solicit improvements.
- Assist the team leads to standardize processes, tools, methods, procedures as directed (Ex: Improving the data quality standards and best practices).
- Network with counterparts and other levels of organization across the different support centers.
- Utilize ERP (SAP/MAXIMO/PACER) as a value Engine to ensure safe and reliable maintenance to ensure availability of the Equipment for Production/safety reducing the maintenance cost.
- Support the Senior Process Data Engineer and other engineers performing primary functions, with scope covering Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), technical data and documents of the operating units, manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations.
- Assurance of maintenance effectiveness by maintenance data management as per Business defined Standards with an objective to maximize Productivity while reducing deferment.
- Data Maintenance for the site is performed error-free and within assigned controls (Clean the Stream).
- Participation in Group efforts to Standardize processes, tools, benchmarks, standards, and best practices. The role may also be assigned as part of the Site Team or Project Team working under a Senior Process Data Engineer
Skills & Requirements
- University Degree in Mechanical/ Instrumentation/ Electrical Engineering.
- Required 2+ Years industrial experience in Oil & Gas/ Petrochemicals /Fertilizer /Power industry past degree in engineering with experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience in Plant Maintenance area within oil & gas and Petro-chemical complex as an engineering user of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Experience in Engineering relevant, maintenance or failure analysis: Equipment failure analysis, troubleshooting, decision making, Reliability Centered Maintenance, Root Cause Analysis, Safety, Criticality and Risk Assessment, Ishikawa Diagrams, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Total Quality Management, Hazard Analysis, etc.,
- Knowledge in SCE management process.
- Knowledge/Proficiency in functional/end user aspects of SAP / MAXIMO / PACER Plant maintenance and skills in Microsoft office tools (esp. MS Excel) is highly desirable.
- Experience in SAP PM module and links with MM module would be advantageous.
- Experience in Technical Data and Documents management including processes and tools.
- Effective communication skill and stakeholder management is a necessary skill for the job.
- Awareness of Lean Six Sigma CI methodology is an added value.
- Virtual working experience highly desirable.
Other Skills, Competence and Behavior: Developed engagement and communication skills. Knowledge or higher-level awareness of the context of use of technical data and documentation within technical data processes, Ability to deal effectively with complexity and detail. Ability to prioritize and ensure delivery of priorities for the area of responsibility. Flexible and adaptable to change, with track record of demonstrating initiative, analytical capabilities and problem solving.
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.