At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY-Parthenon Strategy – Assistant Director - Strategy and Transactions
As part of our EY-Parthenon team, you will help clients develop their investment strategies and evaluate potential transactions. Working with EY-Parthenon’s team, you will be part of the group which develops actionable strategies for unstructured business problems This includes developing growth and market entry strategies, conducting strategic portfolio reviews and undertaking commercial due diligence studies. The client base spans across industries and includes blue chip corporates, multinational investors and Private Equity firms.
GDS is EY's global client service delivery vehicle and is founded on an integrated teaming model. With operations across the globe, GDS offers seamless services to 80 countries through its "high performing teams".
We’re looking for Assistant Director with expertise in Strategy Consulting and Commercial Diligence to join the leadership group of our EY-Parthenon Strategy Team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a leading firm whilst being instrumental in the growth of a new service offering.
As part of our EY-Parthenon Team, you will help clients develop their investment strategies and evaluate potential transactions. Working with EY’s proprietary Capital Agenda framework, you will help clients ascertain the best way to raise, invest, optimize and preserve their capital. This includes developing growth and market entry strategies, conducting strategic portfolio reviews and undertaking commercial due diligence studies. The client base spans across All Industry Sectors and includes Blue Chip Corporates, Multinational Investors and Private Equity firms.
Your key responsibilities
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in strategy and operations within target industries
- Manage case teams to provide solutions to unstructured client problems
- Use an issue-based approach to deliver growth, market and portfolio strategy engagements for EY-Parthenon clients
- Manage a team of 25-30 professionals undertaking commercial due diligence and business strategy cases
- Support business development activities by both leading pursuits and strengthening long-standing relationships with EY-Parthenon clients
- Contribute in development of intellectual capital in your industry of expertise
- Participate / Manage firm building responsibilities like hiring, training and counselling
- Strong nag of creating new business opportunities to expand further integration with member firms
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications - External
Skills and attributes for success
- Growth strategies
- Market entry assessments
- Strategic options analysis
- Commercial due diligence
- Carve-out / Divestment
- Understanding of Databases – both general and sector specific
- Well versed with tech tools would be a plus
- Out of box thinking for developing structured and actionable solutions
- Experience working with Global Stakeholders and managing multi culture mindsets
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Experience in executing and managing research and analysis of companies and markets,
- preferably from a commercial due diligence and growth strategy mindset
- 12-15 years of work experience in Strategy and Operations projects
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, exposure to tools like Power BI, Alteryx, working knowledge of VBA, Phyton will be plus.
- Master’s degree
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
What we look for
- A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- An opportunity to be a part of market-leading, multi-disciplinary team of 1600 + professionals, in the only integrated global transaction business worldwide.
- Opportunities to work with EY SaT practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.