A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
Software engineer, who is responsible for the product development with quality and by following the engineering practices. The candidate should be a team player who should be able to code, do the peer code review, defect fixes wherever needed on the existing product and also takes the responsibility in porting the existing product to a new platform
- Uses Agile Scrum Methodology for software development.
- Develops unit tests for all new code
- Has all code changes peer reviewed, and must peer review code when required
- Provides input for documentation of new or existing programs
- Ability to refine requirements and solve problems
- Developing and improving solutions(including bug fixes) to problem
- Performs technical research, monitors current trends and changes in technology
- Demonstrates industry knowledge to assist in new product development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer science/Electronics (or equivalent).
- 5 or more years of practical experience in QNX, Integrity OS or Other Real Time OS
- Knowledge on QNX OS, QNX Device Drivers and Embedded Realtime Linux.
- Good Understanding on ARM 32/64 Architectures
- Knowledge on Kernel Internals and experience in Driver Development and board bring up.
- Good Understanding of multi-core hardware, operating systems design, concurrency, virtual memory, caching, interrupts, device drivers, real-time considerations, Virtualization in embedded systems.
- Understanding of I2C, SPI , UART, Ethernet Protocols.
- Required: C, Device Drivers, System programming.
- Desirable: Scripting, Yocto, perl, Phyton
- Required: QNX, Linux or other RTOS
- Desirable: Andriod
- Other skills:
- Kernel Internals, Peripherals drivers, Driver Optimization.
- QNX start up,QNX board Bring up
- Domian Skills (Nice to Have)
- Knowledge of various Display Interfaces (LCD, LVDS, HDMI etc) and drivers
- Good Understanding of any Filesytems/Storage devices eMMC/UFS/NAND.
- Understanding of RT Linux and Virtualization.
- Knowledge on Profiling Tools.
- Perforce, GIT, HW debugging using Analysers and HW debuggers.
- Experience with cross compiller tool chain and build IDEs
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong team player and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Self-motivated, results-driven individual and passionate about work.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English
Leadership: Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
Change Orientation: Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
Collaboration: Connect, engage and communicate with others
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
Judgment: Make sound decisions
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
Results-Driven: Deliver extraordinary results
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
Eligibility Requirements: List specific location of position and % of willingness to travel.
- Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)